I was actually 8 months about a week ago. . . I'm only 3 and a half weeks from D day at this point, but things have been so crazy, I haven't had time to remember to snap a photo! So, if you remember from my "seven months and still happy post," things have definitely changed a bit. About a week after that post I hit the wall. Since then, I've definitely had to slow my pace a bit. I've taken to riding around stores in their handicapped carts (I have no shame), and actually I won't go to any store that doesn't provide them. Chandler rides on my lap and thinks it's great fun when I let him steer. I would really have very few complaints if I could stand or walk. That would be nice. But I can sleep better than with any other baby at this point and my hips and pelvis don't hurt (a miracle!). I've just got this ripping pain down the left side of my abdomen that feels like the muscles are ripping in half whenever I stand up for more than 5 minutes at a time. My doctor has reassured me that that is indeed probably what is happening (how comforting!). But, like most symptoms, it will go away after delivery and of course falls withing "pregnancy norms." Yea! So, here is a photo by Aidan of me this morning. Looking forward to the end!!!
Thursday, February 7, 2008
8+ Months
I was actually 8 months about a week ago. . . I'm only 3 and a half weeks from D day at this point, but things have been so crazy, I haven't had time to remember to snap a photo! So, if you remember from my "seven months and still happy post," things have definitely changed a bit. About a week after that post I hit the wall. Since then, I've definitely had to slow my pace a bit. I've taken to riding around stores in their handicapped carts (I have no shame), and actually I won't go to any store that doesn't provide them. Chandler rides on my lap and thinks it's great fun when I let him steer. I would really have very few complaints if I could stand or walk. That would be nice. But I can sleep better than with any other baby at this point and my hips and pelvis don't hurt (a miracle!). I've just got this ripping pain down the left side of my abdomen that feels like the muscles are ripping in half whenever I stand up for more than 5 minutes at a time. My doctor has reassured me that that is indeed probably what is happening (how comforting!). But, like most symptoms, it will go away after delivery and of course falls withing "pregnancy norms." Yea! So, here is a photo by Aidan of me this morning. Looking forward to the end!!!
4 comments:
You still look SO beautiful! Not so fun with the pain shooting down your side -- WOW! I can't imagine! Good for you though about using the carts in the store, that's exactly what they're there for!! Several of our stores in Georgia even had "stork parking" right up front in the parking lot and I LOVED that when I was pregnant! :) Hang in there, sweet girl!
SO cute you are! I know that being tall helps but I have a feeling even if you were short you would look amazing! I am dying that you ride in those carts! I never thought to do that. I am totally doing that if we have another kid. Do you think they would frown on it if I was only 2 months pregnant? Anyway, you look amazing and can't wait to see pics of sweet baby girl.
Looking good Rachel! Sorry you are having the pain down the front. I've never had that one. It's good you can sleep though!
You look fabulous! I never would guess you are due in less than a month. I look like you when I am about 5 months pregnant. I am sorry you are hurting - but soon it will be over.
Any names?
Post a Comment