There were a couple of months there, where the trains didn't come out every day. Where it was not requested of me on a daily basis to make a complex and exciting track system for Thomas and his friends to zoom around on. Aidan seemed to be moving onto other things, and to be completely truthful, I was ready for a break! And then, after about two months in the closet, Thomas was rediscovered by our youngest engineer. I think it's because on Sunday mornings, when Gordon takes the big boys over to the chapel to help set up the chairs, Thomas just happens to come on PBS, which gives me a chance to do my makeup and hair. And with that little 20 minute TV opportunity, Chandler has fallen in love with all things Thomas the Train! He lovingly calls him "tom" and we are definitely back to train play every day! It's fun, as he's still willing to just let me set up a small circle for a track, and doesn't demand bridges, tunnels, turn-tables, etc.
He did discover recently though that we have one Thomas that is battery operated, and will chug down the track with a push of the button! He LOVES it! He plays with this for at least an hour a day, usually not on the track, but just on the carpet. He'll send it off down the hall, get all excited, run after it, attach more cars, crash it into the walls. He loves it! But, he's burning through batteries at an alarming rate! Like one a day!
I knew that I should definitely pick up another pack of AA's at Costco this week when he learned to say "battery" and "screwdriver" and where exactly both of those items are kept. About every evening around 7 o'clock, the train gets brought to me with the screwdriver with a request for a new "batty." "Coo-drier, mama!" And off Thomas goes Chugging for another day of battery burning play!
Choo Choo!!!
.jpg)
6 comments:
So cute! My boys go in phases as well with their toys. Our trains had been put away for awhile as well and then yesterday, Matthew and Gavin were building a track and asking for bridges, etc. that they couldn't reach. So, I guess I better buy batteries at Costco tonight - thanks for the reminder! Have fun!
Must be a two year old boy thing! Porter LOVES trians. We got him a train table for his birthday next month. We can't wait to give it to him because we KNOW how much he'll love it.
We too have a new Thomas fanatic in our house- Meagan goes biserk everytime Thomas comes on Saturday mornings on PBS, she runs the engines on the track, "reads" the stories, you name it- she LOVES Thomas! Watching the movies was the only thing that calmed her down while she was in the PICU at Davis. Tony still plays with his daily, and now we have 2 tracks set up- one for Tony and one that Meagan can destroy all for herself.
(I have to admit I have a bit of a soft spot for the cheeky little engine....)
Cute! Oh, and I love your new blog heading, it looks soooooo good! :)
Gotta love Thomas! Jared loves Thomas and his train sets too.
I am laughing about the battery burning too! Better get a BIG supply of batteries, or else a battery charger to end the battery usage.
I love how some clever branding has rejuvenated the same trains that my parents played with and then handed down to me and eventually my kids. That is of course, if I let them have a turn.... We might have to get two sets of trains.
On the battery front, I highly recommend investing in the Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable batteries. Not only will they be cheaper in the long run, but they're better for the environment. You should be able to find them at Fry's, WalMart, Circuit City, Amazon, etc...
Post a Comment