Monday, February 4, 2008

Mama Jane

So many fun things to write about, but they will have to wait. As I write this my mom is in the hospital, in Grand Junction, CO. They were up in Aspen when apparently she began to get short of breath and her heart was pounding at 160/min plus. We got the call from my dad at 6:45 this morning that they were headed by ambulance down to Grand Junction, to get her out of the high altitude. She would have been taken by life flight but the weather was too bad and it was impossible. Apparently this is all happening in the storm of the century up there. We are awaiting further word on what exactly this is. There is some speculation on a heart attack, but nothing conclusive yet. She is under medical sedation and has been intibated, and a machine is breathing for her. She is currently in the ICU. So if you can spare a prayer for my mama today, it would be so appreciated. I'll post again when we get any word.

6 comments:

Becca said...

I'll definitely keep her in my prayers - hope everything will prove to be okay.

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Rachel,

What a week you have had! I am SO sorry! I will be praying for your mom and whole family. My heart goes out to ya'll.

Maryann said...

I hope your mom is doing okay. When it rains it pours. Your family is in our prayers and keep me posted on your Mom.

Chatty Family said...

Rachel, I am glad you commented on my blog and I came to yours, but sad to hear about your mom. I hope everything is OK. You have a cute family and I look forward to reading more about you guys and your little girl when she gets here! -Melissa

Liz said...

SO sorry to hear about your mom! Definitely will say some prayers for her!

mahina said...

oh my goodness! i hope she is all right! how scary that must have been for your parents! we will definitely include her in our prayers!