Thursday, May 10, 2007

Quilting fun to come. . .

Today I have two fun projects sitting on my desk (that is actually a mountain of fabric and paper drawings of quilts, etc) The first is the beginnings of the Kindergarten gift for Mrs. Penner, Ethan's teacher. I've been helping to organize, and all the parents have been great! All but two of the kids have completed their squares of a self portrait, and now I get the fun of putting them together in a fun and bright lap quilt. . .

The next is a collaborative effort with my dear friend Nicole, who lives in Cambridge, MA for the next three weeks. She is on partial bed rest with her twin girls, and needed something fun to do with her hands. She shares my obsession with cute things made of fabric, so I sent her some pieces that I sewed to the printed interfacing that she appliqued onto the background fabric. I just got them back today, and I will put them into a quilt and then send it back for her to do the hand binding. This is great! I get to have all the fun with the machine, and she does all the dirty work. (did I say dirty work? I meant handy-work. :) Here are the cute squares. She is so good at this stuff! She's working on a second set for "baby B" now.
Stay posted for finished products!

1 comment:

Koch Clan said...

YOu are so amazing at quilting. Yet another thing I wish I could do. Also I tagged you check out my blog for details!