Sunday, May 13, 2007

Our Fun Weekend


It has been a fun weekend here! On Friday night we traded babies (and babysat for each other) with a friend and took the big kids to the carnival at Ethan's elementary school. Much fun had by all.

Saturday brought yard work from seriously 9 - 5. It was a long day, and we had bark dust delivered and river rock to spruce up the yard. We laid down that black fabric to keep weeds away from our walkways as well, so we think that will be nice. Aidan was our little yard work man. He seriously shoveled bark dust for at least 2 1/2 hours! He loves to do "grown up work" and the like. At one point, he stopped shoveling for a moment, looked at Gordon, and said, "Dad, thanks for helping me with this. It would take a really long time if you didn't!" How fun to have such a happy helper! Ethan enjoyed moving the rocks, but was ready to be done when it was bark dust time. I don't blame him! Chandler cooperated by napping long and hard! Here's some fun pictures of our hard working little men.

After all the work the boys were VERY hungry and VERY thirsty. I caught Aidan finishing off the crystal light and was glad I had my camera handy! :) (another manners lesson yet to come)

Today has been a lovely mothers day, with a special breakfast for me(Oatmeal - and yes, that is what I asked for!) and the boys singing in church with the kids. They did sign language to "love is spoken here" and it was so cute to see them very seriously making sure they got all the signs in. So cute! I also got these wonderful Mother's day notes. . . the first from Aidan. . .


And this one from Ethan. It is my favorite! It reads, "I love you. I am comfy with you." I guess that says it all. I love it! Happy Mothers Day everyone!

No comments: