This will be the last message from Hawaii because our friends we are with here, the Boyntons are going home tomorrow, and with them, their computer.
The last two days have been so relaxing and fun filled. Yesterday we went to church in the morning and heard the famous, "brothers and sisters, Aloha!" Then later to Wiamea Bay for swimming in an ocean that I can only describe as the most beautiful swimming pool ever. I loved it. I loved putting on my mask and seeing clear down to the white sand bottom. It was fantastic. I think I could even convince my mom, whom I have never seen swim in the ocean to hop in. It was fantastic. I think we're going to go back there for sure. Gordon and the Boyntons also did the whole jump off the cliff thing, and I happily volunteered to be the photographer.
Then it was smoothies and a laid back night, ending with a very nice dinner and pina coladas.
Today we drove into Waikiki for hiking (Diamond Head) and got nice and sweaty up at the top. After that we hit the beach at Waikiki for an attempt at surfing on an almost surfless island. It was a fun attempt, but didn't yield much success. It was fun though, you could swim out a mile, I swear. Gordon and I got on our backs even though we were wearing our 50 SPF sunscreen, and so tonight we are feeling the burn a little more than we would like. I'll definitely be sleeping on my tummy tonight. We think we didn't wait quite long enough to hit the water. Tonight dinner in Haleiwa and then the sunset on Sunset beach with more Pina Colada to follow. A very nice day. More to come with a nice slide show when we get back!
Aloha!
1 comment:
That's why they invented rash guards.
Post a Comment