Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fun for the Fall

I reluctantly welcome the new season this year. Our summer got off to a late start, so it's been a little bitter sweet to embrace the change and cooler weather. So, to kick things off, we did a fun craft for FHE last Monday. I saw these cute little critter houses in Hallmark magazine and we each made our own version . . .

As you can see we've got all sorts of woodland wildlife in our living room now, and they are just the friendly little reminders I needed about fall being a beautiful season. . .

7 comments:

Liz said...

Those are super cute Rachel! Did you use fake pumpkins?

I am having a bittersweet feeling towards fall too. It seems like we didn't really have a long enough summer, and now it is cold already!! In the 40's at night!

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

SO cute!!! :)

I'm with ya, sister! It's like you read my mind with reluctantly embracing fall...did you read my blog?! :)

Michelle said...

So much fun! I'm sure the boys loved it!

Annee said...

Man, those little houses are so cute! They look like they might have been a tremendous amount of work. I love the creativity! Thanks for sharing.

Jen said...

Those are so cute! They look like they came from Hallmark. You are so talented! :)

Wilde Family said...

Oh, my goodness, I'm going to have to steal your idea! That has to be one of the cutest fall crafts I've ever seen. And you must know that I believe you are one of the most creative, crafty, talented people I've ever known. I'm holding my breath, waiting to see you on TV or in a magazine or book some time.

Amanda said...

Hi. I am one of Angelina's friends and I, ahem, stalk your blog. I just wanted to tell you how cute those pumpkins are. I did this project with the little girl I nanny and we had a great time. I have a feeling this craft will become a fall tradition. Thanks for the great idea!

-Amanda Lamb