Sunday, October 12, 2008

I didn't know he had it so bad. . .

Ethan's class did a follow up reading assignment this week on wishing. The kids drew these cute pictures of themselves, with bubble thoughts to fill in for their wishes. How cute!

Ethan wishes his mom would buy him Star wars Playstation 2. . .
Ethan wishes his mom would take him to Safari Sams. . . (think Chuck E. Cheese)
Oh, and he wishes I would stop bossing him all the time!
Humm. . . So, I'm feeling a little like the tyrant after this, wondering what his teacher is thinking of this (and me!). But I'm pretty well getting over it, when this one on imagining something wonderful comes home. . .
Man, if only he had a pig to eat all that disgusting food I serve!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

That is really cute! Too bad his birthday isn't any time too soon. It does always make you wonder what their teachers think about you. Last year when I was pregnant (and sick) with Brecken, Dallin's class had to write about "When I am at school my mom _____". Dallin said that I sleep on the couch and drew a picture of that - so nice.

The VanderHoevens said...

This is so cute - it reminds me, when I was working graveyards I would need to sleep during the days. Josh brought home a picture he drew of our family once without me in it (like I didn't even exist), and when I asked where I was he said "you were asleep of course, like you always are" UGH! Kids have no idea what we do for them!!

Liz said...

Oh man! Maybe you should ask him to help you plan and prepare some meals....then he can't complain about how disgusting the food is! That'll get him for sure!

jrteacherlady said...

Teachers DEFINITELY know to take what our students tell us with a grain of salt!! Don't worry:)

Jennifer M said...

Good thing Ethan and Tony don't live close by so they can compare notes...Sounds like some of the same stuff I catch him grumbling about!

Jen said...

That is hysterical!! Those are the moments that keep me humble. I'll never forget the time I wore a dress to church and that evening Ashley sent me a note that said, "Mom, don't ever wear that dress again. It makes you look PREGNANT."

I love being a mom.

Nancy Zundel said...

This is hilarious Rachel! What a clever kid you have. Not only does he think your food is "descosting" but he knows that a pig could take care of that problem for him. What a smarty pants! Thanks for sharing, that was pretty funny!