Friday, October 3, 2008

The Book Nook

It seems that we are rapidly filling this house. Every nook and cranny seems to be feeling very full these days, so I am always on the lookout for new ways to organize, reduce, and streamline. This week I finally got around to the book nook.

This little nook in our bonus room has had a few roles. It's been a "guest room." It's been the "toy cubby." Emilee's bassinet has been in there since she was born. But this week I turned it into "the book nook," a little project I've been hoping to get to for some time. This frees up the top of the fridge, removes a bookshelf from the boys room, the children's table from the hallway landing, and has all the art supplies in one place. Hallelujah!

So far, so good. The boys are excited for a new place to color and create. I am excited for less clutter. Hopefully it will remain the book nook and not the book nook exploding into the family room! So far, a good improvement!

3 comments:

Becca said...

Cute little area; cozy little area to snuggle up with a good book!

Michelle said...

Great idea! Good luck with it!

Koch Clan said...

Very nice. I get all excited when I see things like this because I am a little crazy and LOVE to organize and find new places for things.