Thursday, October 23, 2008

8





I'm just sliding this post in last minute! Today Emilee turned 8 months old. I'm actually not sure I beleive it. She is still my petite little pumpkin, although I do have new tricks to report! She's about got the combat crawl down. She's trying new foods, although she still prefers to nurse and once a day is about all she will tolerate with a spoon. She's still getting up several times a night but we're working on that (always).

Gordon has been in China for the past week, and my dear Sister in Law Laura flew all the way from Utah to spend the week with the children and I. She is a Godsend. I have never had such a great helper! I seriously wish I could steal her here full time (although I think Joseph may have something to say about that)! Anyway, Laura is a fabulous photographer and she took Emilee's 8 month portraits for me today. We just dashed over to the park really quick this evening, and although Emilee was NOT in the mood to have her photo done, she still is a cutie! She kept sucking her bottom lip and making a turtle face. We were laughing so hard! I love the one where her chin is up and you can see her tiny little neck, and the dandylion puff hair! I'm rambling. . . anyway. . . enjoy!!! (and Thanks Laura!)

4 comments:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

She is the most beautiful baby girl! Her blue eyes and cute smile are so adorable! :) Great pictures!

I'm so glad that you were able to have your wonderful sister-in-law jump in and help! That's awesome!

Michelle said...

What great pictures! I love them! And who is Laura married to? I'm glad she was able to come and help. When does Gordon come back? Good luck!

jrteacherlady said...

Too cute!!! Aren't babies fun:)

Kara Wilde said...

Wow, how cute is she! She has grown so much since I last looked at your blog!!!!!