My Children received this letter in my e-mail inbox today. . . I'm really thinking I need to edit it before I share it with them! :)
Dear Ethan, Aidan, and Chandler
Ethan, now that you can read, I am sending this to you so you can read it
to yourself as well as your two brothers. Warning, warning, warning ! ! !
You must beware of your mother tonight. I’m quite confident by the time
you awake tomorrow morning, the majority of the treasured loot you gather
tonight will have disappeared. Therefore I have a plan for the three of
you.
After returning from tonight’s wonderful sugar high, turn Chandler loose
somewhere in a bathroom and tell him to play gleefully in the toilet and
turn on all sorts of water. That will of course divert your mother’s
attention to taking care of him for a couple of minutes. During that
diversionary time, you and Aidan must quickly hide your most treasured and
delectable items from your mother’s sight.
Upon her return, resume your normal post trick-or-treat activities of
sorting, eating, and gloating about your massive haul of treats. Eat your
guts out. Then when they announce it’s time to go to bed, do so gleefully
– knowing that in the morning most of your good stuff will be waiting for
you in your secret stash. Don’t act surprised when your pumpkins appear a
bit light, as you will know there’s a whole lot more waiting for you than
meets the eye.
That’s it for today. Grammy and I look forward to seeing photos of all of
you in your costumes. And don’t forget, at this time of year both Grammy
and I fully support bad oral hygiene in young boys who still have their
baby teeth. Remember, this marvelous period of poor health will soon end
as those baby teeth are replaced by the real thing. But in the meantime,
suck on all the chocolate and sugar you can get.
Love, Grampy
2 comments:
Wow, what a loving and thoughtful grandfather. I don't think I could have expressed it any better myself.
That is sooo funny! Sometimes I wish that Lindsey couldn't read, because there are NO more secrets!
Post a Comment