Rachel: a What?
UT: a girl. Female.
R: Are you sure?
UT: Pretty sure!
R: Okay, how sure do you mean? Are you sure? Did you really mean "boy" when you said "girl?" Are you saying girl and then we're going to have a boy anyway? Babies are boys.
UT: nope, I mean girl! Some babies are girls.
R: So it's a girl? A real girl?
UT: GIRL. You are having a girl!
R: (giggling with the prospect of another female in the house) It's a she??? I can't believe it! Are you sure???. . .
and on, and on. . .
It's a GIRL!!!
Every time the doctor called the baby a "she" after that I think I giggled. It sounded so weird! I'm having a GIRL!!! Oh. . . the sewing projects ahead! I think I may have just created a new category in our budgeting needs!!! Hair ribbons, smocked dresses, darling mary janes. . .
The boys are THRILLED! They've been asking and in Aidan's words "Whining" for a baby sister since they found out I was expecting. I am so excited we got to surprise them tonight at FHE with their little sister! Woah, that still sounds funny! Here she is. . .
10 comments:
CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you. Girls are so fun. I look forward every day to dressing up Sibley. And with 3 older brothers I am sure she will be well taken care of. Congrats again.
oh I am smiling sooooo much!!!!
YIPPEE!! Girls are so much fun and you WILL have to create a new budget item for all those darling things I know you'll be whipping up with your amazing craftiness! Congratulations!!
i have been anxiously awaiting this post, rachel! i am so excited for you guys, well, you mostly! how is gordon taking it?
i only hope we are so lucky to have it go the other way!
yay!! i am so smiling for you right now!
now the name game begins!
Whoohoo!!! I'm so excited for you guys . . . and can't wait to see all your creations!
HOW EXCITING!! Girls are so much fun. I've been waiting to hear before starting your baby quilt- now I'm glad I did. I almost started a boy quilt for you this weekend ;)
Congrats!
Yay! What wonderful news. This little angel is going to be VERY loved and VERY protected by her three big brothers. Oh the fun you will have. We can't wait to meet her. Watch out world here comes a Wilde GIRL! :-) Congratulations!
YEAH!!! I've been looking every day waiting for this wonderful news!!! Girls are GREAT and I'm so excited that a GIRL will be joining your WILDE gany:)
Oh congratulations!!! That is so exciting! I've got a little something to send your way, she won't be able to fit into it for along time, but it will be fun to have around! :)
Very Exciting!
Post a Comment