I have become so tired of being the waitress to Aidan, that I've taken a pretty hard line lately about snacking. After breakfast, we will have a snack around 10, but not before. The other morning I was running around cleaning the bathrooms upstairs, and he just kept complaining and complaining about how hungry he was. I tried to tell him, "at ten" about ten times, and then finally in my exasperation said "Just go get yourself a piece of bread or something if you're that hungry, but I'm not getting it for you!" and then went back to scrubbing and such. When I came out of the bathroom about five minutes later, this is what I found.
Aidan and Chandler on the couch, devouring a whole loaf of white bread. (a rare purchase around here!) I guess that will teach me to say "get it yourself!"
4 comments:
Too funny! They can be SO sneaky:)
I am totally with you. I just keep saying to my kids, "you can't be hungry, we just ate." And they will often times go to the bread drawer and get a piece of bread or a bagel. This picture could have totally been my kids. At least it is healthy and not candy!
This is such a familiar story! Hailey is the same way with telling me how hungry she is. I can't even believe that kids can be so hungry 5 minutes after they ate breakfast!
I love the picture!
hey, they're growing boys! what's better than a loaf of white bread??!
Post a Comment