Saturday, April 21, 2007

What a Weekend!




It has been a very fun weekend around here. It started with Gordon taking the big boys camping out at the coast. They found a fun little campsite where you have to walk your stuff in about a quarter mile, so it wasn't REALLY car camping. I think that made Gordon happy. They had a wonderful time exploring the beach, roasting marshmallows, and sleeping in the tent. Our big family tent also proved itself Oregon worthy when it began to rain at 2am, and didn't stop until 8am. They had breakfast (oatmeal from the thermos) in the tent and waited for it to stop raining, all the while Aidan was apparently doing his best to wake all other campers in the area. (surprise, surprise!) Ethan reportedly threw a little fit when it was time to build the fire and claimed that it might "chase him all over," even though it was in the fire pit. He was not convinced until Gordon actually got the fire going, but he still didn't want to get too close. On Saturday morning they went to a "really hard beach" (hard because the sand is wet and very hard) where they watched people dig for razor clams and made lots of trails in the sand. Such fun! I'm sorry Chandler and I missed it, but the thought of my little Climbing Chandler at a campsite is enough to stay home for! Chandler and I actually had a wonderful time spending some alone time enjoying eachother's company, pointing at everything in sight and saying "Ooohhh!"


Saturday evening Gordon and I had a sitter come and we went out to dinner and a movie. It was so fun! We haven't been to a movie in SO long and were shocked to see the price is up to $9. I can't believe that! We had some delicious Mexican food and a great time. We saw Amazing Grace, which is the story of the abolition of slavery in Great Britain, and I highly recommend it. It was quite a good movie. Apparently it appealed to the older crowd though because we were definitely the youngest people in the theater by at least 35 years. We were surrounded by walkers and canes, and when the movie ended we ALL stayed to watch ALL the credits! I'm serious, 7 minutes of key grips and best boys and horse masters. We couldn't get up because we thought we'd trip over the walkers or hurt some body's toes. So, we stayed. I haven't watched that many credits since I used to go to the movies with Tyler. I think it might be because they were afraid to get up in the dark and trip, and you know, I can't blame them. Anyway, it was fun!
This morning we had hair cuts for all four guys this morning, and then off to church. Chandler only made it half way through and then came home with me, which was kind of nice to have a quiet hour here at home. I promised cookie making tonight, so hopefully we'll have a good evening too. Have a great week everyone!!!

3 comments:

Keren said...

Those are some hilarious stories. I am glad your sitter worked out. We couldn't get one at all! But we did have Mexican last night. Glad you survived your time alone. Jeremy is gone all week so give me a call!

Liz said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a jam packed weekend! I have heard of that movie, and I'd like to see it. We haven't been to a movie (by ourselves) in years! I don't even know how much it would cost. Have a great week!

Terry said...

Enough of the old folks comments - Grampy