Friday, April 27, 2007

This mouse isn't named Aidan!!!

Oh Gross!!! Quick story. . . Our Stake Humanitarian project is these baby kits for needy moms. I volunteered to do two boy quilts, and when I did, the girl sitting next to me said, "I have some batting someone gave me I can't use, do you want it?" And since batting is often one of the most expensive parts I said "Sure!" So, she dropped it off and seemed all to happy to be rid of it. This morning I was on the phone with Nicole trying to figure out how to split it and make it usable (it was too thick) and I noticed some black stuff in the batting. So, to be on the safe side I took it out to the front porch to shake it out. (black pellets, time to get suspicious Rachel!!!) When I started to unroll it, guess what I found! A DEAD MOUSE!!!! Or what was left of it! I'm sure my neighbors were wondering what the commotion on the front porch was, and poor Nicole's ears, I'm sure she's deaf now from the squeal! Oh, I am so grossed out!!! I feel like I need to take a shower to get rid of the heeby jeebies! Yuck Yuck Yuck!!! That's it, I don't care how much it costs, I'll not be using old batting again! Blech!!!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Oh Yuck is right! I probably would have done the same as you! Good luck with your quilts!

Becca said...

Ugh! I can't stand mice - dead or alive! We had some in our house and then got the radioactive plug-in traps or whatever they are that the mice can't stand the sound. Well, we had one mouse come back - he must have been deaf but we caught him in a real trap. I can definitely do without them!

Becca said...

Ha, ha - not radioactive - oh my! I meant ultrasonic!

Be sure to post your quilts when you are done - I'm sure they will be beautiful!