This is the plug of which I speak. . ..JPG)
You know, I wasn't really wanting to pull it either. It was her bestest buddy. That was a problem though, she wanted it when ever she could have it, sucked it all night, and asked for it all day. And it was moving her teeth. So daddy said it was time to pull the plug. I said okay as long as we started on a Friday night to maximize his time at home to help with the sad sweetie.That first night she cried for 20 minutes. Then she stopped. And she hasn't cried since. And when she asks for it, it's almost like she's joking. "where's binky? Hee hee hee! All gone!" The easiest binky yank I think we've had yet. I'm glad I have a wise husband who can talk me into such things, because I had seriously been dreading it for a week, and it was no biggie!
In other Emilee is growing up news, I FINALLY took the bumpers out of her crib. Not because she was too big for them (she's still my baby!) but because she was pulling the ribbons off. And so, now when we go in for a peek at night, we often find this. . .
.jpg)
5 comments:
That crib shot is hilarious!
You inspire me. I have 2 plugs to pull and I'm terrified!! I have all kinds of excuse . . . after the flights, after the surgery, after the . . . I've run out. I guess it's time. Ahhhhhh!!! I'm glad you mentioned the rat, Molly just gleened onto a kitty. Maybe that will help. Love the pictures! Stacey
She's so darn cute!!! :)
As you know, I tried for a week with our 2 year old and it was just not a great experience. I am so thankful that you and Em had a great experience!
I did just read a story in a parent's magazine about a mom and little girl that took the pacifiers to a Build-A-Bear shop where the workers placed the little girl's paci in each ear and then sewed it shut. That way she could still have the paci's with her but not be able to suck them.
What a sweet way to give it up!
Knowing our ever-so-lively little boy though, he would probably rip the ears off while we think he's sleeping then come to get him in the morning and discover that once again it's in his mouth! :) We'll have to think through that one!!
Ha ha! Love her sleeping position.
I am so excited to see her. What a sweetie! I am so glad the binky removal went well - and I agree, she needed the sweet stuffed animal!
Post a Comment