Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ode to a sick day

These tiny two:
are icky sicky poo.
And mommy is hoping
it is not the piggy flu.
The littlest one
who is usually such fun,
is getting over pneumonia
and a nose on the run.
The littlest boy
who is sometimes a joy :)
woke up with a fever,
which no one enjoys.
And so here we are.
Stuck on the couch like tar.
And mom's pretty sure that until next week
we won't be venturing far. . .
So I might go a little stir crazy,
and get a little hazy
and maybe even write a silly poem
while we're all feeling a little lazy.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so sorry! Not fun at all! I hope it doesn't spread to the rest of the family. And I like your poem - you are going stir crazy!

Laura P Thomas said...

Oh, no. I promise that Gray didn't give it to them. Great poem!

Jennifer M said...

Oh...I hate it when they get sick....I hope everyone is up and running again soon!

Liz said...

Sorry you've got sick ones. We've been dealing with that here too. I liked your poem!

mahina said...

wow! kale'a stayed home thursday from school with a runny nose and fever. then tonight kawena got sluggish and complained that her eyes were hurting. so, we went to the trunk or treat and she sat in the car in her carseat then threw up, not in the bowl she had sitting in her lap, but all over herself!

sounds like we are having the same kind of week! it's always a bummer when they get sick during a fun holiday! i'm hoping she wakes up feeling better tomorrow so she can at least wear her snow white costume!

hope your two get well sooner rather than later!