Friday, October 2, 2009

First Day of School, again!

Today, it was Chandlers first day of preschool! He was a pretty excited guy, and has been looking forward to this for a while. He surprised me this morning as we were combing his hair (something he TOLERATES daily, as long as I do it as speedily as possible). He was looking in the mirror, very intently, and said, "Mom, it's too pikey (spikey)." I tried to fix the sticky uppies. "Still a 'lil bit too pikey." So I very carefully plastered down every last renegade strand for the next three minutes, until it passed Chandler's inspection. Very out of character. But very cute.

Here is his "back to school" front porch picture:

He is facing the door because in true Chandler style he was OH SO cooperative. That boy has a mind of his own. Luckily, he also has cute buns. I did threaten him into turning around eventually with "okay, we just won't go to school." Then, we got this:
That's right, Chandler is just too cool for me. . . Yo Yo Yo. . .
Emilee is too cute as usual. She enjoyed the open house just as much as Chandler and won a few of the teachers hearts as well when she blew kisses goodbye.
Yea for Chandler! And yea for Emilee and I getting to spend a little one on one together while he's at school! Happy New (school) Year!

4 comments:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

:) YAY!!! You finally get your girl time!!! You deserve this more than anyone else I know!!

Jen said...

I bet you don't know what to do with yourself with just one little Wilde around. Enjoy it!

Terry said...

Nice socks, Em

Keren said...

I didn't even think of taking pictures of Carolyn. I was just glad she let me do something with her hair!