Friday, October 16, 2009

P.P.P (that's "pumpkin patch post")

Today we headed out to the pumpkin patch with the cousies, and had a fine, if not slightly drizzly time. Really I can't complain. For Oregon, it was pretty nice! Here's how it went down. . .
There were mini hay mazes for the kiddos. . .
And much jumping off the bales. . .
And cuteness abounded. . .
We discovered pumpkins make good resting stools for little people. . .
We decided since the scenery was so nice, and the kids were pretty happy, we should take a picture or two. Here is my crew. . .
Then we got ambitious and thought "why not one of all the cousins. Here Emilee was being coaxed in to the picture. Let's take a closer look at that face. . .
Yea, I think that pretty much says step off mama. . . I'm done!
Things got a bit mopey, but this is my favorite picture of all of them! Who doesn't love a pouty baby hanging her head in a dramatic show of displeasure?
And then Blake exploded and we gave up. So much for a cousin picture!
But we did hunt for our perfect pumpkins. And found them!

Ethan asked me to take this picture and to label it "heavy weight lifting." So, I present next: Heavy Weight Lifting!
It was a great day down on the farm with all my little Wilde Beasts!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

What a FABULOUS pumpkin patch! We don't have anything that great here. This year, I just had Ed take the boys to Wal-Mart to get their pumpkins. I guess I need to do better next year.

Rachel said...

Whatever Michelle! We always got out pumpkins at the grocery store growing up. We're just lucky to be around farms here!

jrteacherlady said...

Too fun!!! I LOVE the pic of their 4 little heads peeking out of the board:) What a cutie non-smiling girl! Oh, by the way, I remembered I did meet Emilee at Ruth's wedding:)