Friday, October 9, 2009
Grout Grunge
Aidan is a very self motivated little guy. And, he seems to like to scrub, sometimes anyway! This past week Aidan has been helping a TON with the kitchen floor.
Taking the kitchen floor tile grout from this. . .
back to its original state. . .
Is that disgusting or what? The transformation happened so slowly I honestly didn't realize how bad it was. The grout it ivory! Not chocolate! It takes about 5 minutes per 14 inch line. A painfully slow process. Without Aidan, I'd only be about half as far as I am. And we still have at least 2/3 of the floor to go, and we've already been working a week. Hopefully within a month it will be DONE, sealed, and stay shiny and new for a few years. And hopefully Aidan will be just as excited about this project next week as he was this week!!! Thanks buddy!
4 comments:
Oh Rachel you've forced me to look at my grout and it's nasty too. Looks like we just found a new chore around here 'cause you look at the before and after and it IS disgusting. shoot. What did you use to work your magic?
as my 3 year old says, we used "the power of Boxy Clean!" Or, Oxyclean and water, to translate. Good luck, and watch out, this project will consume many days! Weeks. . . who konws. I'll let you know when we finish!!!:)
Note to self...don't ever get a tile floor. :)
That is a huge and not fun project! I'm glad you have a helper. I tried cleaning my grout once and gave up! I am going to have dark grout in my next house!
Post a Comment