Friday, April 3, 2009

the Tillamook Cheese Factory

Over spring break while my mom and SIL were here in town, we headed out to Tillamook, OR. The home of the tillamook cheese factory. It was a full production day so we had lots of fun checking out the willy-wanka style equipment, and watching the cheese makers hard at work.
After the tour, we had a delicious sampling of cheese, including a new favorite for the boys, Squeaky Cheese! They loved it. And of course, we stayed for grilled cheese sandwiches and delicious tillamook ice cream cones!
It was a fun day, and something I've been wanting to do since we came back from NY. I'm glad we braved the rainy drive!

4 comments:

Jennifer M said...

Hurray for Squeaky Cheese!! It is my favorite!!

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

How fun!! Tillamook ice cream is my absolute favorite by a mile!! In fact, I think I might just go right now and get a bowl of it while I am thinking about it! :)

Glad you had a blast going and doing that! We really need to do that sometime!

Michelle said...

I want to go! I remember Tillamook ice cream from when we stayed with you back in the day when we each had just one kid. How things have changed.

Tillamook cheese is my favorite! What a fun place to go!

jrteacherlady said...

Too fun!!! I remember when we went when you were prego with Ethan and had just moved into your house!!!