Saturday, April 11, 2009

Egg Hunt

Today we hosted an egg hunt for all of the kids in our ward. We had about 50 children and almost that many adults. It was such fun, and is definitely my favorite party that we host all year long. Last time we did this, it was POURING rain. We were blessed today with cloudy, but dry weather. Much more pleasant. We collected almost 700 eggs this year.
And this year, because it wasn't raining like crazy, we were able to release the kids in waves. 4 and under first. . .
They had a very pleasant 3 minutes, and then. . .
We released the big guys. They had almost all the eggs picked up in about 15 minutes.
I made 120 of these which were devoured. . .
The kids got all sugared up before lunch time. . .
And even the tiny guys got in on the action.
Did you leave any eggs for me guys?
It was a great party!!!
And I think Gordon might even let me throw it again next year, because when we got home I found this. . .

6 comments:

Terry said...

Great looking party you guys. But Gordon, once again you make me look bad - as well as every other male on the planet.
With love, your father-in-law.

Keren said...

We had a ton of fun! Thanks for organizing everything.

Becca said...

How fun! It looks like everyone who attended had a great time. I love the picture of the older kids being 'released' - the one little boy with both feet in the air going full-tilt - so cute!

Nicole said...

Oh I wish we were there! I'm really Oregon-sick this week! (Maybe just Rachel sick!) I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone this summer!

mle said...

Good times today Rachel-you are the best! Thanks so much for organizing and providing all the yummy cupcakes! My kids had a blast:)

Michelle said...

Yeah! I'm glad you had good weather and that everyone had fun! And yummy cupcakes - you did a GREAT job!