Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It must be an aunt thing

When my little niece Carolyn comes to visit me, she usually arrives like this. . . But often leaves like this. . .
I just can't resist. I have actually been known to make her new bows to match her outfit for the day. I think it might be a genetic defect or something. Either that or years of being pink deprived.
The other day I called Keren desperate for some help. I had a horrible migraine and couldn't even hold Emilee and feel safe about it. She rescued me and picked up my daughter. When she left she looked about like this. . . and when I picked her up, it was more like this. . .
I don't even know how she got those rubber bands in there! But they were sure cute little sprigs. I added these when we got home. . .
Looking forward to more little sprouts in the near future! And, I'm glad to know it's not only me! :)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

So cute! I'm sure there are MANY more sprigs in the future!

Keren said...

It was nice to do someone's hair that didn't pull it out 20 minutes later.

Nettie's Blog said...

Hey Rachael...this is Cheslea's mum...you asked how to make the nests...i took a regualr brown paper sack and started rolling from the inside out and under from the top to the bottom and rolling around thesac going down. when i came to the bottom i left a dip shape which formed the base of the nest and the corner ends of the sac were just folded in...Vahla...
a birds nest... have fun next year at Easter with your Easter nests...

Liz said...

That is too cute! This sure came full circle, didn't it?