Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Weight Watchin'

It was the moment of truth today as Emilee went to the doctor for her 1 year check and weigh in. Our doctor gave us the goal for Emilee of 16 and a half pounds (preferably 17), still well below the weight chart, but steady gain from where she was last month (and incidentally, a full pound to gain in 4 weeks).

She did it!
She was exactly 16 lbs 9.4 oz! Hurray! She's still not on the chart like I said, but it was steady growth. Her height stayed about the same at 65th percentile, and her head circumference stayed steady as well, which is great. She's busy sleeping off her pokes right now, for which I am grateful. But mostly I'm grateful that my petite little girl is growing and gaining! Way to go, Em! Maybe we'll have you out of that rear facing car seat by 18 months!!!

4 comments:

Keren said...

Good job Emilee! I meant to ask you about that today. I hope she sleeps well for you and isn't too fussy from the shots.

Michelle said...

I am so glad she is growing. But that is so crazy that she has to stay rear facing! I have never had that problem (and I don't think you have either). Dallin was 20 pounds by about 3 months!

mle said...

Way to go Em!!!! And come on Rachel, you can turn Em's car seat around. I turned Brooklyn around at 1yrs old and she was smaller than Em at 1 yr, I just checked her baby book and she was 16 pounds 2ounces at her 1 yr. The doctor said it was fine because she was walking and strong enough. You can do it, I promise, she will be fine. Keep up the good work mom!

jrteacherlady said...

What a cutie pie! Small and mighty is great!! I think Brittany was around 17pounds at 1 year also. She was always my tiny girl and now she seems taller than all the others her age. Who knows what my little boy will be like? I'm buying little clothes but keeping the tags on just in case he is a chunk! Brittany wore the newborn size for 3 months...