Friday, November 14, 2008

Feeling Creative

Today I was feeling creative, and I had a problem that needed solving. (yea!) Three weeks or so ago I purchased a running stroller off Craigslist, and I'm loving that I can get some exercise with my kids in tow. (Ethan and Aidan sometimes come for the run too, on their bikes - we're quite a parade!)

Then it got cold! Emilee got a new coat, and that solved part of the problem. She was warm on the top half. But the bottom half was a bigger problem for both babies. Emilee kept her blanket on most of the time, but Chandler was forever knocking his off, and dragging it on the ground. Then I had to stop, tuck it back in. . . over, and over, and over. So today I made this. . .

A deluxe, custom fit, fully lined with cozy fleece stroller boot!
They were very warm and cozy the whole ride, no knocking off, no coming undone! It was fantastic! And the best part was it cost me less than $10, plus a little time. Gordon is just sure I should go into business. :) The fluffy lining I chose made quite a mess in the bonus room. . . it almost rivaled the "blue fuzz disaster of '06." But that's a story for another time.

8 comments:

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Very clever!!! Rather than say "why didn't I think of that?", you can walk into Babies R Us and say "I made that".

Michelle said...

I am so impressed! First that you go running with your kids, and second that you made that cool thing to keep them warm. Way to go!

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Look at you!! THAT is awesome! Can you make me one too?

Great job! :)

Maryann said...

Gordon is right. You should go into business and I will be your number one customer. You can make for me all the things I have no idea how to.

Becca said...

So great! I love that you just go with an idea and make it work. I would stress and stress without a pattern :)

Koch Clan said...

Um.....awesome! I would totally buy one. I usually just quit the jogger when it gets cold but that would be so awesome.

Laura said...

Sign me up too. Let me know when they go on sale!

Liz said...

Definitely, you should go into business. Sell them on etsy! I wish I had some great ideas to market!