Oreo Pie Crust
2/3 of an oreo package, blended to crumbs (literally in the blender)
1/4 cup butter, melted
mix the two, press into a pie crust, bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Done! (and Yum, Yum!)
And yes, Dina - way better than store bought
Chocolate Mousse Pie
Combine in a saucepan, over low heat:1/4 cup plus 2T water
1/4 cup plus 2T sugar
When Sugar is dissolved add:
4 oz semi sweet baking chocolate
When Chocolate is melted, stir a little into:
3 beaten egg yolks
Put back into the pot, bring to a gentle boil, boil two minutes more. Let cool to luke warm.
Beat
3 egg whites and 1/4 tea. cream of Tartar to soft peaks
Slowly add:
3 T. sugar
Beat to stiff peaks.
Fold chocolate and egg whites together.
Whip:
3/4 Cups heavy cream
Fold into chocolate.
Put into crust of choice. I prefer a homemade oreo crust. Refrigerate 6+ hours for best results.
Enjoy!!!
Note: If you're a wuss about eating raw eggs (love you Laura!!!), you can use the pre-pasturized ones :)
Now head over to KEREN's blog and leave her a comment begging for the custard pie recipe (and voting for your favorite baby name) and maybe she'll share for us all! Have yourself a chocolate bake off and then enjoy your chocolate coma!
3 comments:
Did you leave out the word "sugar" after "1/4 C. plus 2 T. water?" Just making sure! Wouldn't want to mess it up! Sounds yummy! How do you make a homemade Oreo crust? I've always bought mine, but I'm sure homemade tastes better....
Thanks Dina! I fixed that and added the recipe. . .
Thanks for the recipe! I will have to try it!
Post a Comment