Saturday, March 22, 2008

Simple Pleasures

I was having a particularly bad morning this morning (due to lack of sleep I think - and the general feeling that there will NEVER be enough sleep no matter what I do). Anyway, I was trudging through the morning, and kissed Emilee on the cheek, and she looked straight at me and grinned! Not just an "I have gas and I'm half asleep" smile either. It was her first REAL smile. She smiled at me while I talked to her for about a minute, and then it was over. . . but it was just the pick me up I needed to get me through the morning. I'm looking forward more toothless grins soon!

3 comments:

Chelsea Parsons said...

ohhhh please dont remind me about that lack of sleep thing! That would have to be the worst thing about babies... sleep deprivation. but oh how sweet to get a big smile.... cuuuute!

mahina said...

i love those early smiles! enjoy!

Michelle said...

She is beautiful! I totally understand the little things that can turn your day around - I am glad she was there for you. Good luck! She will sleep, eventually!