Saturday, March 15, 2008

10 Years Ago Today. . .

It all started with a little smoochin' on the couch. . .

Happy "first kiss" anniversary! Do you know our "love story?"

Gordon sent my roommate Haylee (his girlfriend) on a mission to Russia. He needed to write her lots of letters and used my computer to write them. I was very tricky and roped him in. . . :) 4 weeks into her stay in the MTC, it was March 15th. He came over to watch "the NET" one Friday night but I don't think we actually watched much of it. ;) It was a bit of an awkward send off at the SLC airport when we broke the news to Haylee. But, things turned out well for everyone! She had a great mission, and we were married long before she was home. Happy Anniversary! I can't believe how fast 10 years can fly by. . .

6 comments:

Maryann said...

And I always thought Gordon was just my quiet FHE brother back in those days. I guess I was too wrapped up in writing my missionary to see what was going on with you two. ;) Can you believe it will be 10 years of married bliss for both of us this year. I cannot believe how fast time flies.

jrteacherlady said...

Too cute!!! How much in love you must be to still remember your first kiss anniver... How wonderful:)

Michelle said...

I love it! That was such a fun/crazy time. 10 years really does fly. That was 8 kids ago between just you and me!!!!!!! Not to mention Haylee's 3 (but hers are all girls - isn't it 3?).

Liz said...

How funny! Not sure if we can remember a specific date for our first kiss, but I'd have to put it at somewhere in August of 1997, since we were married May 1st 1998.

Cute pic by the way! :)

Keri_B said...

Cute story, I hadn't heard it before. Happy First Kiss Anniversary...may you have many more years of kisses!!

Terry said...

I'm not sure about this kissing stuff, Rachel. In that picture he's actually touching you.
Dad