Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Getting Old. . .

31 today! Time flies. . . I had a great birthday today. Stayed home all day with my kiddo's (I believe this will be a trend for the next few months) and it was a pretty successful day. I think that having four children may cure me of any "selfishness" that I have when it comes to time. There is no time for perusing the Internet, reading, etc. Well, except when maybe Chandler is asleep, but one of these days I'm going to have to start cooking again, and then that time will too be taken. It is wonderful though. Emilee is a sweetheart and a joy.
Gordon and the boys frosted me a cake (yellow with chocolate frosting! My favorite!) and had fun presents for me, including a bounce flash for the new camera. It's pretty fun! We had lasagna for dinner that a friend just brought by out of the goodness of her heart, cake for dessert, and then to make it a party we played "trouble." We spent the rest of the evening trying to keep Emilee awake so that maybe she will be awake a little less through the night tonight!

Happy Birthday to me! Here are some photos of the day. . .
In honor of my birthday, Emilee wore her "let me eat cake" shirt. So cute!

The cake. . . Aidan added the chocolate covered strawberry on top
Trying to play with Emilee to keep her up. She is cooperating fairly well!
Hello!

11 comments:

Laura P Thomas said...

Happy Birthday Buneeface, welcome to the 31 year old club. Good to see it was a good one.

Maryann said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! I will be joining you in the not too distant future and I don't really think we are getting old. It looks like lots of fun with all your little ones.

Becca said...

Happy birthday! What a fun 'party'!

Nancy and Carrie said...

Happy Birthday to you! What a beautiful family to help you celebrate. Good luck sleeping tonight!

mahina said...

happy birthday! that little emilee is adorable!

Koch Clan said...

Happy Birthday! You look great. And what a cutie baby. A lot of my birthdays have been spent with the family but it is so fun. And the cake looked yummy.

jrteacherlady said...

Happy Birthday! I remember when we were celebrating our 13th birthdays... My how much has changed since then! Now Ethan is closer to 13 than we are:) Emilee is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! It sounds like it was a good day for you! Emille is darling!

Jennifer M said...

Glad to hear you had a great day! happy Birthday to you!

Chelsea Parsons said...

yay Rach.... the bestest of belated wishes for your birthday! Hope it was a good one.... loving all the baby shots....

Adrienne said...

Happy Birthday Rachel, great pics. I am used to roley poley babies as well and little Annika is trying unsuccessfully to keep up!!!! We are working on it.