Monday, February 8, 2010

the Weekend Report

This weekend was filled with a flurry of activity and "get it done." We did however start by seeing Avatar, which was lots of fun, and my first 3D movie. We both enjoyed it.
Saturday morning started with haircuts for all the males. Emilee gets really jealous during haircuts, and wants to be included, so she hopped up and we played beauty shop for a few minutes. When I was done with her do, she would not get down. She sat there for 20 minutes enjoying the salon. Doesn't she have the best curls?
Rachel learned once again this weekend that there is just no better way to increase your spirituality than to have your husband go hang out on the roof for an hour. So many prayers haven't been sent heavenwards from our house in quite a while. But we do have a nice "un-mossed" roof now, which was sorely needed.
While Gordon was on the roof, I learned how to pull a tooth with dental floss, at the request of Aidan, our second son who likes to hang on to loose teeth for 6 to 8 months at a time. He decided it would be fun to have it out when Daddy got off the roof for a surprise. So, we tied the floss, yanked, and the tooth popped out and disappeared into thin air. We never did find it! But, the tooth fairy came anyway, so that's okay!
Our cute little neighbor Bethany got baptized this weekend and I took the three boys. It was a fun outing, and then I took Bethany's picture for her mom. Isn't she a cute girl?
While I can't say she enjoyed having her photo done in the park with people walking by, I can say I enjoyed doing it. She is so photogenic that it didn't' matter that she refused to smile!
And that was just part of Saturday! I'm almost glad to see Monday back again this week, the weekend was so busy!

No comments: