Wednesday, February 3, 2010

the blue and gold banquet

Last night was the cub scout Blue and Gold dinner. It was the 100th anniversary of the start of boy scouting, so we had a birthday theme. I made the cake! (are you shocked?)
Ethan received a couple of new awards. . .and then we chopped up the cake after every one's awards. This cake was HUGE. 6 cake mixes, 18 eggs, 2 pounds of butter, 2 pounds of cream cheese, 8 pounds of powdered sugar. . .

and it was enjoyed by all.
When we decided to have a birthday theme I knew I was destined to make a huge cake. Check out this cake, twice as big as the one I made, made by my mother for a cub scouting event when I was around 2 years old. TWICE AS BIG!!! I can't even imagine how long this must have taken! Notice that it COVERS a dining room table. (I can't get the photo to turn, so you'll have to turn your head) :)
Happy Anniversary Scouting!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Your cake turned out GREAT! And you look fabulous (so skinny)!

Dina said...

Yea, I agree! You're obviously not EATING much cake lately! :)

Becca said...

Your cake was beautiful!! Makes me sad we don't have scouts in our ward :(