Sunday, February 21, 2010

a Redeeming Moment

So "he who shall not be named" but is going through a "1st grade phase" had a redeeming moment this past week. The first graders were all asked to write a report about their favorite place in Oregon to visit. This is what my boy wrote:

I like home becase it is fun. At home it smelles good. And it is nice at home. And there is love.

Be still my beating heart! My boy. . . I don't think it's exactly what the teacher had in mind, but I let him turn it in anyway, because it was such a sweet little essay. The part about it smelling good especially floated my boat, and I don't even think I can say why, it just did. At least he has his moments!

3 comments:

Jennifer M said...

Oh, wow. If I were his teacher, I'd take it!

BTW- file this away for those days when he slips back into the "phase" ;)

Ann said...

Gotta take it when he gives it! Home beat out the beach and the mountains and all the wonderful places you take your children.

Cooper Family said...

How cute! You should frame the essay and put on a wall!