Tuesday, September 22, 2009

passing notes

Ethan has discovered the joy of passing notes in church. We were a little surprised however that we are already having this conversation. . .






We also had a cell phone disappear for a day, where it was later discovered to have made the trip to school in Ethan's backpack. (rest assured this will not happen again) I can't believe he's in the third grade and somehow already feeling some sort of pressure to have a cell phone!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I love it - but dread the day my kids start to ask for one. I am way impressed with Ethan's cursive. Dallin is just starting to learn how to write in cursive.

The VanderHoevens said...

Josh is in 5th grade and starting the "everyone has a cell phone except me" whine. We are not giving in.

alaskanwilde said...

That is crazy. Do not give in to the insanity!

Becca said...

This is such a non-stop conversation with our kids. A lot of their friends have them - we just told them when they NEED one, they'll get one. They just aren't there yet . . . we'll see how much more time that buys us :)

jrteacherlady said...

Too cute:) His cursive is GREAT, especially since he is at the beginning of 3rd grade! Ah, the beginning of note passing, just wait till it is to GIRLS...

jrteacherlady said...

Oh yeah, cell phones... Don't give in!!! I have 1st graders with them and I absolutely can't believe it!!! That is just unbelievable

Liz said...

Yep, Lindsey had a friend in 2nd grade that had a cell phone. I really don't see the necessity for that. I don't even think they need one in jr high/high school. BUt I suppose when we get there, we'll probably be giving in and getting one.

Adrienne said...

LOL...Very clever just to take your cell. There is a little girl in our neighbohood that is in 3rd grade and has one. She mainly uses it to call home and check the time. I think it is crazy!! Just parents being lazy.