.jpg)
When Emilee was born, we thought it was so funny how everyone would say, "Aren't boys and girls SO different? Isn't it amazing how they are just so girly from the start?" And Gordon and I would just chuckle because we didn't see a whole lot of difference. Boy baby, girl baby, it was a baby! The only difference was she was wearing pink ruffles. The differences started making themselves manifest when she hit about a year. She always went straight for the baby dolls when we were at friends houses (and we didn't have ANY). She had a little soft one she slept with actually, but not a baby doll.
While my mom was here, I bought her a "little mommy" newborn one day when I was out at Fred Meyer. How I wish I had turned on the video camera when I first handed it to her. She literally squealed and squeaked with joy from across the room, and then giggled for about ten minutes. This video was taken at the end of that ten minutes, but as you can see, she was still giddy. . .
And she's still giddy. She loves her baby doll and wants to take it everywhere. It comes in the car, the stroller (buckled under her buckle is her favorite way), she'd like to take it into the store but I try not to, to bed, and is toted around all day long. She is a girly girl indeed, and she loves her baby doll. It's fun to have another little female in the house! Boys and girls really are different from the start!
3 comments:
A girl after my own heart! :) Babies are THE BEST!! I think I would have at least a dozen kids if they stayed babies for a long time!!
Em could not be cuter if she tried! SO precious!! :)
Precious! Molly is attached to a kitty--white kitty. Why did she have to pick the white one? They get so dirty. I think it may have something to do with the pink bow.
I copied Emily's shoes for Molly. They arrived via Zappo's today. YEA!! So cute!
What a sweetheart! I can't wait to see the difference between boys and girls. So far, they are just babies - but cute babies.
I'm glad you get to have dolls and pink!
Post a Comment