Thursday, May 29, 2008

it's been quiet!

After our crazy two weeks with the stomach flu, it's been a welcome rest! But there hasn't been much to write about! This past weekend we ordered five yards of bark chips and spruced up the yard. It looks so nice and clean now before the weeds come back! Hopefully we'll be able to keep it up with a little more ease now! Here is a photo. . . it's been raining this morning so it looks a bit two toned, but you get the idea. . .
The other cute thing I wanted to share was this little "essay" from Ethan about why he loves Saturday. I thought it was so cute and really enjoyed his sentence "lead ins." Hence, it made me giggle. As well as, I love that boy! Enjoy!

4 comments:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Your backyard is so beautiful! And, as a former teacher, I LOVE Ethan's sentences! Very delightful!! :)

mahina said...

your yard looks great! i don't remember seeing those houses so close behind you! i guess they sold the land a built houses! bummer!

and ethan is so cute!

alaskanwilde said...

I want to know who taught Ethan the word "Hence" not exactly a part of most 5 year olds vocabularies.

Michele said...

I love your yard!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get mine closer to done. Yep I pregnant, 3 weeks to go and baby number 4 hopefully will be here. It is supposed to be a girl but who knows.