Friday, May 2, 2008

Finkie No More!

I am so happy today! Why you ask? Well, my sweet little daughter came into this world with a huge need to suck. And not just when she's nursing. She wants to suck ALL DAY LONG. But, little Emilee has had an aversion to every Binky we have tried to give her. So, how does she get her sucking fix? I've been operating as the 9 fingered woman for the past two months plus. An upside down finger is the only thing she would take! I've been attached to Emilee by the finger since she came home. I even had to employ Aidan to give her the "finkie" as we came to call it while I did tasks that couldn't be put off until her sucking fix was had.
But yesterday, we had a breakthrough!!! In a desperate attempt to get myself up to all 10 fingers again and increase my productivity, I bought the last Binky I could find that we hadn't tried. And guess what. . . She took it! And took it, and took it! And she's taking it again today! It's a funny looking little one that looks like a butterfly. I'm trying NOT to think about the "silence of the lambs" poster every time I see it in her mouth.

Hurray!!! I hope she keeps it up, perhaps I'll FINALLY get the house put back together! Here is the pile of rejected Binky's we've collected over the years. It got really big with all of Emilee's rejects!

7 comments:

Annee said...

I hope you go and buy about ten of them! I hope you get more things done with the use of all of your fingers! Good luck.

mahina said...

we have a large pile of our own! i don't know if you remember, but NONE of our three girls ever took a binky! so, i don't know what it is like to have a binky suckin' baby!

glad you found one that worked for her!

Adrienne said...

AAAAhHHH the wonders of binki's!!! I am glad that you have found one that works. I was lucky and Annika took the first one we tried. Although we had a small pile of binki's with Gavin and he never ended up using one.

Chelsea Parsons said...

name and brand of that dummy please!!!!!! we have a sucker too who wont take the dummies I bought for her but loves my little finger!!!!! What I need is a detachable finger and possibly a model that holds her and bounces her just like me!!!!

Koch Clan said...

Wow, that is a lot of work to have your finger in her mouth all the time. What a funny little girl. I am so glad you found one that she likes. THe silence of the lambs, hilarious.

Terry said...

Death to the Finkie ! ! !

Autumn Sdunek said...

Wow, Duncan would LOVE that huge pile of pacies!!!