Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Tulip Festival

I'm playing catch up with the blog after a fun week with my mom here in town. Mom and I took our chances last Monday and headed down to Woodburn to see the tulips. Unfortunately, mother nature had different plans than we did, and it was rainy and very cold and windy the whole time. Last year when we went down it just magically cleared for us! Darn it! So, no fun pictures of the kids in the tulips because it was SO muddy the only way we braved the slippery fields was in the "cow train." Which, as you can see below, was lots of fun. . . Emilee and I hid under the ginormous umbrella. We called it quits after less than an hour and headed for McDonalds indoor playland. If Oregon would get it's Spring I would really appreciate it! I'm so hungry for some sunny days!!!!



2 comments:

mahina said...

bummer! we were going to go this weekend, but then it decided to snow! whatever! so, we won't be doing that this year!

Laura P Thomas said...

I feel your pain Sister!