Thursday, October 16, 2014

Bannister Beautification

Well, I've been working.  This time on the entry hall.  This was a huge project for me.  Just the taping off and laying paper for the rail took two days (I measure days in nap times - so about 4 hours).  It was like constructing a puzzle of masking tape, small slips of paper, and more more more more tape!  And those spindals.  They were each lovingly painted with a total of 5 coats of primer and paint, and with an atritsts brush about 3/4 of an inch wide.  I spindalled for more than a week.  But, I think it was worth it!  Here is a before shot of the entry hall, before we even painted the walls I think. . .  Oh, that orange wood!
 And here is today!

It took about three weeks of daily work (about two hours a day), but I am so glad I did it!  The entry is so much lighter, brighter, and cleaner.  Glad I finally bit the bullet and got started on this one, I've been putting it off for years!

On to the next project!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Looks great!!! What did you use for the dark wood?

Jennifer March said...

LOVE it!! Way to go!

Michelle said...

You did an AMAZING job! I looks FABULOUS!