Saturday, June 13, 2009

It's Racing Day!

It's racing day, it's racing day! (backyardigans anyone?) Today was my first tri of the season, and it was lots of fun! Here are more pictures than you ever wanted to see of me and my brother in law Spencer at the race:

This is me thinking, "Where is my family? I hope they made it!"
And, they were standing right in front of me!
Swim take off!
heading up to transition
and off on the bike!

Here is Spencer (farthest left) getting ready to take off on the swim
and the bike!
I'm back!

and off again. . .
Just keep running, just keep running, just keep running . . .
This is Ethan right after I high fived him on my way by. Apparently I knocked him right over! Poor kid!
Spencer is back!
We did it! It was a great race! Thanks Spencer for doing this one with me!
Publish Post
My times were as follows. . .
Swim 1/2 mile: 16:14
Bike12 miles: 42 minutes
Run 5k: 32 minutes

12 comments:

Chatty Family said...

Congratulations! You are awesome! I could never do a triathalon (scared of the bike!)

BTW - I get that "racing day" song in my head all the time! Especially "it's not sausage casing day!..." Sheesh!

Terry said...

Way to go, Super Mama. I want your bike.

Rachel said...

I want my bike too! Too bad it goes back this week!

Becca said...

Way to go, Rachel! You are AMAZING!

Liz said...

Wow! You are rockin' the racing, aren't you?! Way to go!

mahina said...

i really like the blue lake tri because it is so flat!! no hills like hagg. you did an awesome job! i wish i could have been there doing it with you! there aren't too many lakes close by here, but there are pool swim tri's but i prefer the open water!

jrteacherlady said...

WOW, I'm so impressed! Congrats:) Better you than me:)

Nancy and Carrie said...

Wow! You are truly awesome. Can I just live my exercise life through you? And yes, I do sing the cute songs you write about all the time. I LOVE Backyardigans!!!

Kat said...

Way to go Rachel!!! So so so fun. I wish I did it with you :) I'll do my first open water swim in August and I'm super nervous about that. Do you like your wetsuit without sleeves better than with? Seems like you'd have a smoother stroke.

Rachel said...

Kat, I've done it with both sleeves and sleeveless now and I say DEFINITELY no sleeves if you're looking into purchasing. I borrowed this one from a good friend and it was awesome! I swam in my little spring surf suit for my last one and it was good too, but this was better. The open water is so fun! Good luck!

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

CONGRATS!!! :) You Go Girl!!! You're amazing!!

Chelsea Parsons said...

I went to leave a comment last week but got distracted . Rach well done! I bet you felt great. I hate to swim so Im always impressed by three kinda race tri people!. How was it being wet from the swim going into the bike ride? Did you have wet undies? he he. Did you only hire your bike? When is your next race? You look fabulous. Im training for a 1/2 marathon right now and am about to get on the treadmill. love chles