Thursday, June 4, 2009

at least he didn't ask "can we keep it?"

Ethan:  Can I have a box?
Mom:  Sure!  What size?
Ethan:  About this big.
Mom:  Sure, go get that new shoebox from my room, you can have that.  
Ethan:  Thanks mom!!!  (comes back a minute later)  Now I need some "duck" tape.
Mom:  Why?
Ethan: To plug the holes so it won't escape.
Mom:  So WHAT won't escape?
Oh please, PLEASE let it escape!!!  Just make sure it escapes on the other side of the fence though, okay?

I should have known this day would come in a house full of boys!  But seriously, it better stay on the other side of that fence!!!

8 comments:

Jen said...

Hey Rachel--I've got a terrarium for you if you want. It'll take away Megan's excuse for a snake.

jrteacherlady said...

Oh my gosh!!! I'd have been completely terrified:)

The VanderHoevens said...

Hahaha - someone else living in boy world. One of my friends on facebook today said her daughter wouldn't eat a gummy worm because it was smiling. I was so thinking - that is not life in boy world. I can see you would understand - Valerie

Maryann said...

I am so glad we have bird eggs instead of a snake in our yard. At least he didn't just bring it into the house.

Michelle said...

Oh, I hope it escapes on the other side of the fence as well. We haven't found snakes yet - just lots of bugs. At least he isn't a wimpy boy!

Keren said...

Haha. Carolyn told me the other day she was playing with a snake at your house, but I must admit I found the story a little dubious.

mle said...

I luv it-nice catch Ethan!

Jen said...

I say take to your backyard neighbors. Ben would love it. Amy not so much. (This is Jesse)