When we found out Gordon was leaving for two weeks, it was decided that we should take advantage of our down time, and make a little road trip to L.A! I have very few pictures from this trip. I have discovered why last children don't have as many pictures of themselves. Their mama's are so busy! I didn't even take a camera with me, I just had my phone. Here are a few things I documented along the way. . .
A nice rest stop in Northern California. . .
a stop at our favorite burger joint in Kettlemen. Last stop before Gram's house! Look at my happy travelers! They made this trip such a delight.Once we were at Grandma's house, we literally didn't leave (except to go to the grocery store once). We woke up and had breakfast, swam until 10, and then in and out of the sun while the kids had lunch, and a rest. Back in the pool around 3 and then swim until dinner. By then everyone is exhausted and ready for a long night. Swimming daily makes for lovely long naps and worn out kids at night. It's pretty nice!
Here is Ethan finishing up his cooking merit badge by making a delicious spaghetti dinner for the family. . .
On the day we went to the store, we did make one pilgramidge to In-n-out. It was more crowded than we've ever seen it, but lunch was delish and the kids had a great time.
Oh one other little trip! To Thrifty for a cylindrical cone. :) One of my fav's.
books read. . .
lederhosen modeled. . .
What a fun trip! I'm so glad I decided to take the plunge and make the drive. The week at Grammy and Grampy's was well worth it. Thank you G&G for welcoming us and hosting my little posse for the week. Great memories were made and they can't wait to do it all again!











3 comments:
I'm glad you guys had so much fun. Definitely looks like more fun than China and Japan!
You are a brave woman! I am so glad you got to get away and see your parents! One of these days we have to figure out how to get our 2 families together!
Yes... Brave indeed! You are a superwoman Rachel!!! I seriously worship your awesomeness! And tell Ethan his talk on Sunday was the best! Great job on raising such brilliant children!
Post a Comment