Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Licensed to Write!

Ethan started writing his name in cursive in kindergarten, after Grammy showed him how. In first grade he was told to "stop it!" with the explanation that he didn't have his cursive license. We've been being told by teachers ever since then to quit it with the cursive until he was issued a license. I thought they were just being dramatic, or silly, but guess what Ethan came home with today!
That's right guys, this kid is now legally allowed to write whatever he likes in cursive. He is fully licensed!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats Ethan! Way to go! It cracks me up that they do that - Dallin went through the same thing but I don't think he came home with such an OFFICIAL license!

Liz said...

That is the funniest thing. I've never heard of a license to write in cursive. I bet he's glad to be able to do cursive without fear of repurcussion from teachers.

Nancy and Carrie said...

Hi Rachel. When I taught 3rd grade I made the license a huge deal. I even had a test the kids had to pass, and keep taking until they did! It was so much fun. Congrats Ethan!