Sunday, May 3, 2009

Creativity Revisited

After painting my bathroom, I kept looking into the boys bathroom, and thinking how it could really use some sprucing. So, I spruced. This is the before. . . I liked it! But the white on top really needed a new coat, and I just wanted something simpler. So,
this is the after.
I love it! The color is "Aqua Breeze" and that's exactly what it feels like. Refreshing and calm. A little bit turquoise. Ah. . . so much better.
These are some aprons I made for Christmas presents. All the ladies in our family got one this year. Here is a sampling. Cute, huh!

and these fruit pin cushions, love those!
and this one the ladies with summer babies will appreciate. I have finally solved the flutter sleeve problem. No onesie under, their shirts are constantly flying up. Onesie, and they stick out two inches below the sleeves. So annoying. I have been looking for onesies like this forever, but have finally given up. I even tried to write to Carter's to tell them that there was a need and a host of mothers who would buy these, but I got an email back saying they cannot take "consumer suggestions." Humm. . . Anyway, I found some little tanks at Kohls, and stitched them to the bottom of worn out onesies, then trimmed off the top. A five minute project. I'm so excited!

2 comments:

Chatty Family said...

I love creativity! Your projects are all awesome! Where do you get your fabric?

Michelle said...

You are so clever! I am so impressed with all your ideas!