Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Sicky Poo
Poor little Emilee is an icky sicky poo. She has some wheezing and a fever, and just doesn't feel well. So, now we get to do these little breathing treatments every few hours. Here she is demonstrating. . .
" See guys, I just stick it on like this and breathe. . ."
NOT. Even though she seems all just fine and dandy about it in the photos, she HATES it with a passion. When I get it down from the shelf she starts to panic, thrashing about and pushing it away as best she can. It's hard to hog tie her down and make her take it, but she breathes so much better afterwards. Unfortunately, it makes her kind of jumpy, which is making sleep kind of hard. Poor little thing! I hope it's a speedy recovery!
5 comments:
WOw! Doesn't that look familiar! Porter does two different spacers like that three times each a day. While he is mostly good about doing them, sometimes it is hard to get him to sit still, so I know the feeling. Good luck to Mommy and get feeling better Emilee!
(Just realized how that might sound -- not trying to "show you up" at all, just know that I know what you are going through. Hang in there!)
Poor little girl! What do they say she has? We have had to do a lot of breathing treatments but we always have to get a machine. I hope she gets better soon (for her and for mommy).
Good luck!
She has bronchiolitis. I'm sure I spelled that wrong. But, she's on the mend! Things are looking up. And Ms. Chatty, I'm glad that someone else out there knows all about it, and I'm also greatful I don't know quite as much about it as I know you do. Thanks for your support!
:) SO sad!! For you and Em!! Sorry to hear that!
My boys also have spacers for colds and asthma. When they're really little it works pretty well to have them lay on your legs, facing you, then pin their arms in between your thighs (and hold her legs with your arms) while someone else does the spacer. Does that make sense? It's hard to describe in words verses just showing you.
Good luck with that one! Hang in there, sweet friend!
Oh man, that is no fun. I hope she gets over this soon, I am so sorry. But Em still looks so cute eventhough she isnt all herself. Call me if you need anything-I am home now. Thanks so much for helping me out with Jonah too-your the best.
Post a Comment