Monday, May 25, 2009

the Scooty and the Cutie

Do you know what a pedal-less bike is? We got one for Chandler for Christmas, and we always enjoy watching him sail around the neighborhood on his "scooty" bike. He can fly along almost as fast as the big guys, and he loves it! Here is a little sampling.


And, the cutie. Here is Emilee in her latest "mama-designed one of a kind." When I saw the fabric it called to me like a siren and insisted that I make it into a dress for a little girl who looks lovely in turquoise. So I did.Gordon asked me Sunday afternoon if I was going to start making a new dress for her to wear to church every week, and I must admit I thought that it sounded like quite a bit of fun. But I will try to restrain myself. Maybe.

6 comments:

jrteacherlady said...

You are just so creative! To me making the dress would be impossible but for you I bet it was a snap:) What a fun bike for Chandler...

Terry said...

I dig the brakes on the Scooty.
Grampy

Jennifer M said...

Cute! Love the tulips on the apron- how did you do that??

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

So, when are you going to open your kids clothes store???? I'll be the first in line!! :) Really!

Annee said...

We have two of those peddle-less bikes. They are great fun! Love the dress. There is nothing wrong with making a new dress for each week. Except the fact that you never get to wear the same creation twice! I'm addicted to sewing new dresses. I'm glad to see I'm not alone. It's darling!

Becky said...

Um. I'll commission you to make some dresses for MY girls! You are amazing! Seriously. I wish I would have asked for sewing lessons when you lived up stairs. You're a master!