Monday, January 12, 2009

Had a great "Wiikend"

We decided that we would only Wii on the weekends and holidays and such, so our kids of course counted down the days of the week after Christmas break until their precious steering wheels would be once again set free from the drawer. They were also EXTREMELY helpful Saturday morning getting their chores and school work done! This Wii is a tremendous incentive so far! So, as you can imagine. . .

the boys did a lot of this. . .
Emilee learned to do this. . .
and I did a bit of this. . .
It was a nice, mostly quiet "wiik-end." They are already counting down until Friday night. . .

5 comments:

mahina said...

that's awesome! great way to get super motivated helpers!

Maryann said...

That is nice that you got some me time in while the kids play Wii and what a great incentive for the boys. We have sure enjoyed playing the Wii. I saw your dad on the freeway the other day, he was on the phone so I didn't get his attention. It made me think of you.

Michelle said...

That is a fabulous idea - but right now, the wii is all that saves me! Even Gavin can turn it on and play by himself. But even getting to play all the time is a GREAT motivator - it is the only thing that can get Gavin to clean, etc.

I'm glad it gave you some free time as well!

Liz said...

Fun! Sounds like it was good motivation!

What were you reading??

Keri_B said...

We love the Wii too! It's amazing what my kids will do to get a chance to play for a little while. Is that a Twilight book you are reading? I started reading the series again while I am nursing, since it's hard to do anything else.