Friday, November 2, 2007

Fancy Frilly Fun

So I've only ALWAYS wanted to make a little blessing dress for a little girl, and our little girl (I know, I know, she's not coming for 4 months!!!) has provided the perfect creative outlet. I designed this dress from several I looked at, combined two different patterns I had, added some embellishments, lengthened the skirt, and Voila! I did it! I am in love with it and can't believe how fun it was to sew a dress. The first of many I predict! Aidan says it's "wow beautiful." I agree! Can't wait to put her in it!

9 comments:

Becca said...

It's beautiful - I canNOT believe how on the ball you are! I'm inspired!

Kara Wilde said...

You're going to have a girl! Exciting!!!!! I had no idea :) Congrats! That is a great dress, good job! Oh, and tell Gordon I included his name on my link list :)

Becky said...

Oh MY!!! That is a darling dress and I'm amazed that you made it (let alone combined patterns to make the dress you really wanted).

Liz said...

It's beautiful Rachel! What a treasure! Did you make the roses yourself, or was that a ready-made item. So pretty! Can't wait to see the picture of baby girl Wilde in the dress!

jrteacherlady said...

WOW, I can't believe how talented you are!!! The dress is absolutely beautiful:)

Elizabeth Dimit said...

How exciting that you are already having fun with your daughter before she is even here! The dress is absolutely exquisite!

Wilde Family said...

That is such a beautiful dress! I can't believe you made it. Isn't baby girl stuff fun?! :o)

mahina said...

beautiful! you daughter will be one lucky girl to have your talents to dress her!!

Chelsea Parsons said...

wow~!!