Thursday, June 7, 2007

Kindergarten Zoo Field Trip

Zoo Day! Today Ethan and I went on the kindergarten field trip to the Oregon Zoo. It was lots of fun, and lots of work, but we both enjoyed it tons! Keren watched Aidan and Chandler for me so I could go along and help, and I guess Mrs. Penner thinks I'm a good mom, because she gave me the "wandering" kid. Yes, that means that he wanders off every two minutes. I spent the entire time holding onto him while he tried to wriggle free. If ever I needed a leash for a child it was today. He's a nice kid, he just can't help it! He always wants to be at the head of the pack. I feel a bit like I was "dragged" through the zoo, and when the other mom's that know this child saw us marching up the hill, him in front, me holding his sleeve so his arm was all twisted back and draggin me up the hill they just all started laughing and told me I was the "saint for the day." I'm glad my kids know how to stay a little bit close though, and I think I'll appreciate that for the next few days. No more "I lost a kid!" panics. Whew! It was a nice day, but if I don't see the zoo for a month or two, I'm good to go! :) Love all these end of year activities. I can't beleive "Summer" starts next week!

No comments: