Sunday, June 10, 2007

Funny Boys

Here's a funny one of Ethan re-folding his clothes the other day. I tell you . . . he seems to be taking after meticulous Grampy more and more each day. (someone else who likes all things to remain orderly at all times) I asked him why he had to re-fold them and he said "Mom, the sleeves are showing," so he took them out of the basket one by one, and refolded them, properly this time. It was cute and annoying, all at the same time! He then put them in his drawer in a circular pattern and explained to me how he goes around the circle, and which shirt would be next, etc. "Oh, but Sunday I wear my Sunday shirt and not one from the drawer." So funny. . . I must say it might be nice to have at least one other person in the home that folds their own laundry. This week I'm planning on handing him the whole basket and saying "go to town kiddo!"

And here is Chandler tonight, chowing down on a corn cob. He kept asking for more corn and I kept cutting it off the cob and then finally just gave him the cob and he ate it clean! It took him about a half hour (with only four teeth, you can imagine), but he got almost every kernel. I love it when he decides it's an "eating day." You never know with that boy. It's either hunger strike or he just can't get enough, and there's no telling which it will be.

And yes, that's a new bonk on his head there on the left. He got a little nudge in the back today right into a sharp corner at Church. It didn't seem to bother him too much at all - although I'm beginning to think that I should look into a helmet for this child! Friday evening he jumped off the arm of the sofa and put a big gash in the roof of his mouth with his bottom teeth. Poor baby! He's definitely my most adventurous climber!!! Hope your weekend was as nice as ours. . .

No comments: