Ethan is our little Yankee Doodle Dandy. He's always enjoyed patriotic songs, flags, you name it. One of his favorite books is "America the Beautiful" which is just the text from the song with pretty pictures from across America. Yesterday he found my little hymn book and found the patriotic ones at the end and has since been serenading us with many a patriotic song. (he even throws in "God Save the King" every once in a while for good measure) It's been nothing but "My Country Tis' of Thee" and "the Star Spangled Banner" for us. He even convinced me to get out the flag and we hung it on the porch yesterday, which pleased him a great deal. I've got to admit, nothing stirs my heart as much as a good patriotic hymn, and I'm glad he agrees! Maybe it's because his birthday is so close to the 4th. We're having a star spangled party on Saturday. Here's a little snippet I caught of him singing. . .
2 comments:
that is so sweet! is he reading that? or does he just have it memorized??
Nope, he's reading like a champ!
Post a Comment